Q. How do I access the library resources remotely?
You need a valid UCID and password and be a current student, faculty, or staff member to access library resources remotely.
To connect and authenticate, you have three options:
- EZProxy (recommended) - easiest and most reliable authentication
From off campus-you MUST start from the library homepage in order to encounter the correct login box that will allow you through to paid subscriptions.
- VPN - (requires set-up) client software that you must install on your PC.
Note: when configuring, default for Group must be changed from Split Tunnel to Full Tunnel
- Mobile (iOS) Devices - configure and use VPN on iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad
Using GOOGLE SCHOLAR remotely
- When you are on-campus, you will be able to search Google Scholar and encounter links to full text for which we have subscriptions.
- When off-campus, you will not see these links, but should go to the library homepage and search for articles you find with paywalls on the web to see if we have them.
For more information on remote access, see http://library.njit.edu/remote-access/.
Having problems? See Why can't I access . . . ?